While listening to music on your smartphone or iPod may seem convenient, nothing compares to a good ol’ fashioned CD Player.
Rewind to a decade ago, Compact Discs were the rage and when it came to who’s got the best collection of music, it was always that one guy with the best CD Player in his house. Though this has been replaced by Alexa and Google Home, which are designed to pull the songs right off the internet, it seems that CD Players are making a come-back into the market.
For all those who are new to the scene, it might be difficult for you to pick a good CD Player. So, to make your selection a bit easier, I’ll take you through the Best CD Players with Speakers, because who doesn’t want a portable music player that reads discs.
So without further delay, here are the best CD Players with Speakers you can find on Amazon.
- Bose Wave Music System IV
- Yamaha MCR-B020
- Sony MAIN-87930
- Philips 8251
- Monodeal MD-109
Best CD Player with Speakers
Compact Discs have been an integral part of the music industry, simply because they are capable of storing music in the best quality possible. Even though most people resort to more portable options like an MP3 player or an iPod, traditional music CD’s will never go out of style.
In order to know what kind of a CD Player with Speakers to buy, you must first take a close look at a few factors that can help you make a decision.
When you hear CD Player with speakers, it doesn’t necessarily mean a large boombox or a home theater. It can range from a portable CD Walkman to one that has a set of speakers attached to it for an easy listening experience.
For example, if you’re planning on buying a CD Player with Speakers to take outside or to listen to on a bus then the best one to choose will be a portable Walkman device with an in-built speaker. However, if you’re planning to buy one for indoor use then you can opt for one that’s powerful enough to fill a large room.
CD Players vary in prices and can be as low as $50 or go all the way up to a couple of hundred dollars. Deciding on how much you’re willing to shell out on the CD Player can help filter out what you can get within your budget.
A point to note, not all low budget CD Players with Speakers are of low quality, there are some which have been designed to provide you with an immersive experience even though the cost is below $100.
Let me take you through what I think are the best CD Player with Speakers that you can buy right away.
Bose Wave Music System IV
The Bose Wave Music System IV is a modern version of a CD Player that comes with speakers built into the unit. This wonderfully sounding CD Player also acts as an AM/FM radio and can be positioned in your bedroom to take advantage of the dual alarms.
This unit comes with a remote control that allows you to set your clock settings or change your tracks.
You can buy the Wave Music System IV for $476.50.
- This 4.5” tall CD Player is designed for convenience and features the Bose tabletop look. With a new contemporary design, there’s no place it won’t look appealing.
- It uses the Bose exclusive waveguide speaker technology to deliver an audio performance like never before.
- The Wave Music System IV comes with dual independent alarms allowing you to set two alarms, one for your partner and one for yourself.
- At the top of the device you’d find the power switches along with the snooze button for your alarm.
- It also features a convenient and compact remote control that lets you operate the volume, radio station selections, clock settings and CD functions.
|Dimensions & Weight||System: 4.2″ H x 14.6″ W x 8.7″ D (8.4 lbs);|
Remote control:3.75″ H x 2.25″ W x 0.25″ D (1.06 oz)
|Inputs/Outputs||AUX input; FM antenna; Headphone jack; Bose link;|
|Power Cord||8 Foot Cord (2.4 meters)|
The MCR-B020 is a micro component system from Yamaha that is capable of delivering room-filling sound, even for bigger rooms. This CD Player also acts as an AM/FM radio and allows you to play wireless music via Bluetooth. There’s even an Aux-In in case you’re looking to hook it up to a computer or laptop at home.
There’s also a USB port that can be used to charge your mobile devices and comes with a remote control so you can control your playback without touching the unit.
You can buy the Yamaha MCR-B020 online for $199.95.
- The system is all you would need for playback of any music source. It lets you pair your smartphone via Bluetooth or via the Aux-In, has a dedicated USB slot for pen-drives, comes with an AM/FM radio and features a CD Player.
- It is designed to easily sit anywhere in your home, from the bedroom to a shelf in the living room.
- The speakers are detachable so they can be positioned anywhere in the room for an added effect.
- With 3-7/8” drivers you can expect to have clear audio with rich bass and decent high notes. The speaker is designed to act as a large-volume cabinet that provides deep and robust bass.
|Bluetooth Version & Profile||Version 4.0 / A2DP;|
[Audio Codec] SBC
|Inputs/Outputs||AUX input; USB; FM antenna; Headphone jack; CD|
|Woofer Size||10 cm (3-7/8″) cone|
The Sony Main Portable CD Player is one of the best CD Player with Speakers under the $100 margin. It lets you play CD’s including MP3 discs, enjoy the radio and record and play music via a USB device.
This unit has an old-school look to it and has some of the best battery life in this segment.
You can buy the Sony Main-87930 online for $92.98.
- This CD Player lets you play CD’s such as recorded CD-R and CD-RW discs, including MP3 discs.
- It comes with Bluetooth capabilities that permit wireless streaming from your smart devices.
- The AM/FM stereo tuner comes with a 30 station preset memory and lets you choose from a variety of radio stations and talk shows.
- You can even record music onto a USB device by connecting a black USB to the player. The same port permits you to play music that’s stored on a USB pen-drive.
- With the Main-87930 you can expect a long battery life of up to 26 hours on a single charge.
|Wireless Connectivity||Bluetooth / NFC One touch|
|Inputs/Outputs||USB; FM antenna; Headphone jack; CD|
|Speaker Size||2 x 2W|
The Philips Stereo system looks sleek and is a perfect addition to your home considering it delivers impressive sound. This unit lets you pair your smartphone so music can be played wirelessly. It comes with two primary speakers and even is equipped with a remote control allowing you to control your music, radio stations, volume and to switch the device on and off.
You can buy the Philips 8251 online for $129.99.
- This CD Player features a dual amplifier that produces better sound quality. It helps enhance the sound quality by reducing inter-modulation between the Tweeter and Woofer.
- It uses MAX sound technology for an instant boost in bass and maximizing the volume performance.
- There’s an audio-in which lets you connect various other devices via a 3.5mm audio cable.
- The 8251 also features a digital tuner that allows you to preset stations for easier playback.
|Wireless Connectivity||Bluetooth Version 4.0|
|Inputs/Outputs||USB; FM antenna; Aux-In; CD|
|Speaker Size||2 x 15W|
The Monodeal MD-109 is a rechargeable portable CD player with in-built speakers. This anti-skip CD Player is basically a Walkman which offers extreme portability.
It’s ideal for those heading out to the gym, commuting or those going for their early morning runs.
You can buy the Monodeal MD-109 online for $59.99.
- The MD-109 has a backlit design so you can use it comfortably in the night. It features a LED display and back-lit buttons so it can be operated easily.
- It comes with a 1400mAh in-built battery that supports up to 15 hours of playback on a single charge.
- This unit features two kinds of modes, TF cards and the CD player. The player supports TF cards with a maximum capacity of 32 gigs.
- It has dual stereo speakers built into the player and can be used without headphones.
|Inputs||TF Card (32GB);|
|Battery Capacity & Playback||1400mAh;|
15 hours playback
It’s a great idea to opt for a good CD Player with Speakers especially if you’re looking to experience music in the way it’s meant to be heard.
Though not always cheap, CD Players vary in prices depending on the size of the unit, the power output and speaker size apart from the additional features like Bluetooth connectivity and so on.
So it’s always best to buy a CD Player with speakers based on your budget and what kind of an experience you wish to have.