I’m moving to New Orleans in the coming month and I’m really looking forward to the experience but one of my biggest problems is the humidity there and I’m not exactly the type to blind into weather change easily. The first thought was to have air-conditioning installed but I can afford to have that only in my bedroom.
I have a workspace in my new home and require some quiet to take my conference calls and work calls which weren’t possible with my cooler that sounds like a whirlwind in my home. Though it does the job I need something quiet and powerful to keep me focused and comfortable at home and portable to carry to my outdoor space.
My new neighbor suggested a couple of fans that are super quiet and powerful to keep the humidity out and temperature in control anywhere in my home including my outdoor balcony where I like to read and spend my free time.
I’ve shortlisted a couple of them that is sure to do the job for you if you’re looking out for a quiet powerful outdoor fan.
So let’s get started with the Best Quietest Outdoor Fans.
- Designer Aire Oscillating Indoor Outdoor Standing Floor Fan
- iLIVING Wall Mounted Variable Speed Indoor/Outdoor Weatherproof Fan
- Lasko YF202 Oscillating Tower Fan
- Home Decorators Collection Kensgrove Ceiling Fan YG493OD-EB
- Hurricane Stand Fan
- Smartmi Outdoor Fan 2S
Recommended Read: Best Quietest Wall Mounted Fans
Top 6 Best Quietest Outdoor Fans
Designer Aire Oscillating Indoor Outdoor Standing Floor Fan
The first fan on my list is from a designer brand called Aire that makes unique styled fans that are quiet and look amazing to add to your outdoor space. It has a telescoping neck that lets you adjust the height of the fan to a maximum height of 51 inches.
The fan head has a width of 18” inches which has the ability to tilt to cover a large area for maximum cooling. You can choose from 3 different speed settings starting with the low setting that provides 900 rpm, medium that provides 1100 rpm, and high that provides 1280 rpm. The fan uses a 45-watt energy-efficient motor that uses less energy and provides longer running hours.
The fan is coated in All-weather U/V paint that protects it from the harsh outside weather keeping it rust-free and also from the damage of direct sunlight. The body of the fan is made from high-quality brushed stainless steel that looks sleek and classy adding an elegant touch to your outdoor set-up.
- Brushed Stainless steel body with weather paint, excellent for outdoor use.
- 45-watt energy-efficient motor.
- Three-motor speeds (Low, Mid, High)
- Maximum height of 51 inches.
- Unique outdoor design.
iLIVING Wall Mounted Variable Speed Indoor/Outdoor Weatherproof Fan
If you don’t like fans that come with a stand, this wall mount fan from iLiving should be your first choice for amazing performance and life that can be mounted indoors and outdoors. It comes with 18-inch curved fan blades that perform quite well in both indoor and outdoor settings.
The fans come with three speeds to choose from that you can change using the classic pull chain cord design that resets after the third pull. The heavy-duty motor is installed that is made from industrial-grade material for long life and durability. All the openings are well-sealed and lubricated to last against any weather conditions and rust.
The blades of the fan are curved and powdered coated to avoid any chance of corrosion making them last a good while. The unit can be upgraded to have a misting feature that is sold separately by the brand that is worth checking out.
- Made with industrial material making it durable and sturdy.
- The unit is wet-rated waterproof and can handle rainy weather.
- The unit is very easy to install with instructions on how to wall mount the device.
- All the parts and motors are well lubricated for low noise emission.
- It has curved blades for maximum air intake to provide powerful airflow.
- Three different speed settings with classic pull chain regulators.
Lasko YF202 Oscillating Tower Fan
This fan is for the people who don’t like seeing the blades spin and prefer a modern take on things. This oscillating outdoor fan from Lasko has a sleek and modern design with incredible cooling power.
The design was meant for outdoor spaces like your front porch and garden deck, a durable construction makes it weather and water-resistant. The fan offers four different speeds including a super quiet night breeze mode that was definitely a big selling point for me.
The unit comes with the option to manually control the fan making it easy to set your desired speed. A long 10-foot power cord makes it convenient to connect in outdoor spaces with an in-line GFCI and 3-prong grounded plug to avoid any electrical mishaps.
The fan can be easily assembled as simple as plug and use. The unit comes with a 2-year limited warranty offering reliable performance and life.
Home Decorators Collection Kensgrove Ceiling Fan YG493OD-EB
If you’re looking for a fan that can cover a large outdoor area rather than having multiple wall mount fans to cover each side. This ceiling fan is my top choice to cover lofts and large areas.
It has eight long blades that are 72” inches in length to cover large areas with ease and 10,484 CFM for excellent cooling during summer. You must be wondering seeing the size that it must take a lot of energy to run this fan outdoors, don’t let the size fool you. This outdoor ceiling fan uses only 31 watts even at its highest speed setting.
The fan has 9 different speed settings to offer, you can choose the one that suits you best. Most fans only have three speeds that might be too fast or slow, with these 9 settings it is easier to find your sweet spot.
One of the unique features is the amazing design with opal glass with a 14 watt LED Samsung light that you can control the brightness with the remote provided. The remote can also be used to control the different speeds of the fan.
The fan works without emitting much noise on all settings and it’s an excellent choice if you don’t like fans with a stand.
- Nine different speed settings to choose from that can be changed with the help of a remote.
- The complete fan is coated with weather-resistant material including the 8-weather-resistant blades.
- The remote control is provided to control the Samsung 14-watt LED Opel light as well as the speeds of the device.
- Low-noise levels on all speed settings.
- A decorative canopy ring and coupling cover are installed to avoid any internal rust and corrosion.
Hurricane Stand Fan
This outdoor fan has the fastest RPM among the lot hence the name given to it the Hurricane Pro. The was designed for heavy-duty work where it can be used to ventilate fumes from a bbq and for dispersion of stagnant air.
The blades are made from high-quality aluminum that is powder-coated to handle any outdoor situation avoiding any corrosion or rust to the fan. It has three-speed settings to offer with an adjustable tilt function to change airflow according to the location. The fan can put out 1400 rpm and airflow of 4500 CFM making it a superior performer among the lot.
- Three-speed setting with a maximum rpm of 1400 and airflow of 4500 CFM.
- High-quality aluminum blades with a black powder coat for protection against weather damage.
- Industrial design for heavy-duty outdoor performance.
- Sturdy metal stand with adjustable tilt function for positioning outdoors.
Smartmi Outdoor Fan 2S
This fan from Smartmi is one of the most modern and quiet fans on my list. The fans feature a unique seven-blade design that provides wide coverage and is designed to simulate a natural breeze.
The motor installed is energy efficient, consuming less power with maximum performance. The fan is excellent for outdoor spaces like your garden deck or patio offering a natural breeze to
enjoy the outdoors.
When it comes to being quiet this amazing fan produces noise levels as low as 29 decibels, excellent for an afternoon nap on the outdoor hammock.
The fan is light in weight making it easy to carry around and takes 5 mins to set up and use.
- Easy to pack and set up in any outdoor setting.
- Produces noise less than 29 dB.
- Sturdy metal design with 7 aluminum blades that are powder coated
- Offers 100 speeds for maximum user comfort.
What kind of fan is best for the outdoors?
Here are the things you need to look out for in an outdoor fan to make it the best choice for you. The first would be the amount of rotation the fan can do in a minute. The more rotation the more cooling the fan can provide. Also, keep in mind the more rotation the more power consumed so finding something that offers good rotation according to the outdoor setting with low power consumption should be the best fan for you to use outdoors.