Audio-Technica has been one of the most sought after and popular brands of earbuds and headphones in the world.
We have already covered the best noise cancelling headphones and earbuds in the market and now it’s time to get into how to pair Audio-Technica Bluetooth earbuds and headphones.
While this normally wouldn’t take more than 30 seconds to accomplish, you should remember that not all the Audio-Technica headphones or earbuds would pair in the exact same manner.
This article is a guide that you can use while attempting to pair your Audio-Technica headphones or earbuds with your TV, computer, mobile phone and other forms of portable entertainment.
Here’s how to pair Audio-Technica Bluetooth earbuds and headphones.
How to Pair Audio-Technica Bluetooth Earbuds and Headphones
Audio-Technica has been making some pretty advanced headphones that come with some impressive features like Quiet Noise and multiple pairing capabilities. It’s stuff like these that make us go gaga when there’s a new headphone or earbuds launched by the company.
Some of their devices are created to offer multiple pairing which means that you can stay connected to up to 8 devices at the same time and all you’d have to do is toggle between connections to the device of your choice.
But how do you pair these headphones? Let me take you through the basics first and then cover the different Bluetooth pairing options that are available for Audio-Technica earbuds and headphones.
As with every Bluetooth device that you need to connect, there is a standard way to have devices paired and connected. You can follow these steps:
- Start by switching-on the Audio-Technica headphones or earbuds. Make sure the Bluetooth (blue/white light) is blinking rapidly. This indicates that the device is on and ready to pair.
- Proceed to turn on the Bluetooth settings on your laptop, mobile phone, TV or whatever device you’re planning to use.
- Now, you would see an option named “Find New Bluetooth Device” or “Add New Device” listed, click on them to begin searching for your headphones/earbuds.
- Once you see the name of your headphones/earbuds appear on the screen, tap on it to pair the devices.
- Finally, put your headphones on and you can start using it.
This works the same across brands and is the universal way you can pair devices via Bluetooth. But, with Audio-Technica it’s not always that easy.
Audio-Technica headphones and earbuds come with certain button combinations that allow you to pair them with Bluetooth devices.
Read on to find out how to get Audio-Technica’s most popular headphones and earbuds into Bluetooth pairing mode.
Pair Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT Headphones via Bluetooth
The ATH-M50xBT are professional studio grade headphones that are equipped with features like excellent sound isolation and Bluetooth 5.0 aptX, an impressive 40hours battery life and pretty large 45mm neodymium drivers that let you immerse yourself in what you’re watching or listening to.
In order to pair the ATH-M50xBT to any Bluetooth device, you will have to follow these steps:
- Turn on the headphones by pressing the power button.
- Slide the Bluetooth toggle and turn it on.
- Once on, press and hold the “+” and “-” buttons simultaneously for around 8 seconds until you see a white indicator flash rapidly.
- On your primary Bluetooth device (mobile phone/laptop) turn on Bluetooth and Pair a new device.
- If you’re wearing the headphones then you will hear a ping notifying you that the headphones are connected with the device of choice.
Pair Audio-Technica ATH-ANC900BT Headphones via Bluetooth
Compared to the ATH-M50xBT, the ANC900BT is powered by QuietPoint, runs on Bluetooth 5.0, has smaller drivers that deliver Hi-Res audio and comes equipped with a smaller battery allowing you to receive only 35 hours of playback. The other small difference to note is that these headphones are hybrid and come with wireless and wired playback capabilities.
If you’re going to pair the ATH-ANC900BT via Bluetooth, then you will have to follow these steps:
- First power on the headphones by pressing the power button located to the side of the ear cup right next to the ANC toggle.
- Proceed to press and hold the top and middle sections of the touch panel (face-plate of the ear cup) for around 10 seconds to enable the Bluetooth pairing mode.
- When you see the indicator rapidly flash White, head to your primary Bluetooth device and search for the ATH-ANC900BT. When found, tap on Pair Device to continue.
- When they have been paired successfully, the White indicator will stop flashing and you can start using the headphones.
Pair Audio-Technica ATH-ANC300TW Earbuds via Bluetooth
The ATH-ANC300TW are premium earbuds that cost more than either of the headphones listed above. They come with QuietPoint noise cancelling capabilities, are truly wireless earbuds and offer the user and experience like no other thanks to their exceptionally designed DLC mini drivers.
If you’re about to pair these earbuds via Bluetooth, you need to first understand that the charging case needs to be present for this process. You can try the following steps to pair them with a device of your choice via Bluetooth.
- Start by placing the earbuds in the charging case (make sure the charging case is charged).
- Press and hold the multi-function button on the right earbud for approx 6-7 seconds until the indicator light on both the earbuds flash Red.
- On your primary Bluetooth device, search for the ATH-ANC300TW and tap on Pair Device.
- The Red light will stop flashing, take the earbuds out of the charging case and place them firmly into your ears and you can start using them to watch your movies or listen to music while working out.
Pair Audio-Technica ATH-CKS5TW Earbuds via Bluetooth
Considered to be a cheaper alternative to the ATH-ANC300TW, these truly wireless earbuds are pretty lightweight and comfortable to use. They come with Qualcomm cVc technology for enhanced call clarity and rather powerful drivers delivering hi-fidelity audio. They are impressive earbuds considering their pricing and if you own these, then you’re in for a ride.
In order to pair the ATH-CKS5TW to a Bluetooth device of your choice you will need to
- Start by making sure the case has been charged and place the earbuds into their respective sockets.
- On the right earbud, press the multi-function button (located on the side of the ear bud) for 6-7 seconds till the indicator LED flashes Red.
- Open Bluetooth Settings on your mobile phone/laptop and click on Add a New Device. From the list that appears, tap on ATH-CKS5TW and finally click on Pair Device.
Pair Audio-Technica ATH-WS990BT Headphones via Bluetooth
The ATH-WS990BT are wireless Bluetooth headphones that support aptX sound-improvement technology and use Active Noise Cancellation to reduce environmental noise. With large 53mm deep motion drivers and memory foam ear pads, you’re never going to feel uncomfortable ever again. For those who are planning on picking up the ATH-WS990BT, you will not be disappointed with the sound quality and overall performance of this bad boy.
Here’s how you can turn on Bluetooth pairing mode on the ATH-WS990BT and connect them to a device of your choice.
- First, turn on the headphones by using the power switch on the right ear cup.
- This will automatically switch on Bluetooth pairing mode (if it’s the first time you’re using these headphones).
- Once you hear a beep and see the indicator flashing blue and red, head to your laptop and proceed to pair the headphones via Bluetooth Settings > Add a New Device > Pair Device.
How do I disconnect my Audio-Technica headphones or earbuds?
In order to disconnect your Audio-Technica earbuds or headphones from a particular device you will have to access the Bluetooth settings page of the device they are connected to.
From here tap on the (i) next to the name of the connected Audio-Technica headphones or earbuds and click on Forget to completely disconnect from that device. This will enable you to pair the headphones or earbuds with another device.
How to connect Audio-Technica headphones and earbuds to the TV?
If you’re looking to pair your earbuds or headphones with your TV so you don’t disturb anyone in the room, then you can try one of two ways to have it done.
- If your TV has Bluetooth capabilities – Make sure your Audio-Technica headphones or earbuds have Bluetooth pairing enabled.
Head to your TV’s Bluetooth menu and scan for new devices.
Once you see the name of the headphones or earbuds, select it by using the TV remote and click on Pair Device.
You can even adjust the volume of the headphones by using the TV remote.
- If your TV does not have Bluetooth capabilities – This method works even if you’re looking to pair multiple Audio-Technica headphones to a single TV.
For this step to work, you would have to get a Bluetooth Audio Adapter like Anavtree’s Oasis or the 1Mii B03.
You would have to first connect the adapter to your TV via the RCA cables (audio out – TV).
Then switch on the headphones and enable the Bluetooth pairing option.
Now, scan for the headphones using the adapter and pair them for clear wireless audio transmission.
Audio-Technica headphones and earbuds are high-grade products that deliver more than what you’re looking for. They’re easy to use and as with any electronic device that uses Bluetooth, they follow the same connection procedure.
However, the only difference is that each model has a unique way to enable Bluetooth pairing.
I hope this article was helpful and that you were able to pair your Audio-Technica headphones or earbuds with ease.